Test Your Legal Rights Knowledge!
On Saturday June 20, Crowds gathered at Edmonton's beautiful Louise McKinney Park for a chance to spin the wheel to answer legal education questions about Aboriginal rights. Test your legal rights knowledge today in The Bear's Den!
Spin the Wheel!
You got 3 Easy Questions!
1. Can a treaty child can be adopted without the consent of the band?
2. If police stop you in your vehicle, do you have to give them your driver’s license, insurance, and registration when asked?
3. Can youth charged with criminal offences be referred to Extra Judicial Sanctions?
SPIN IT AGAIN!**
Oh. Oh. You got 3 Hard Questions!
1. What is the Gladue Decision?
2. When does breaching a court order mean?
3. What can happen if you breach a court order?
Easy Answers (Don’t Peek!)
1. A 1999 judge’s decision that says that, because Aboriginal people are overrepresented in the criminal justice system, the circumstances of their lives should be considered when sentencing.
2. A court order breach happens when you do not keep the conditions of your release into the community.
3. If you breach a court order, you may be fined or sent to jail.
Free Legal Education Resources