Kiyôhkatowin Home Visitation Program (St. Paul, Cold Lake & Bonnyville)
Native Counselling Services of Alberta is pleased to introduce the Kiyôhkatowin Program in the St. Paul, Glendon, Bonnyville and Cold Lake area.
Kiyôhkatowin means “visiting” in Cree. Our Home Visitation Workers will mentor pre-natal women, parents and caregivers in their home/community by supporting children’s growth and development through deliberate and culturally appropriate caregiving.
Referrals and Self referrals welcome.
Cold Lake, Bonnyville & Area: 780-594-3417
St. Paul, Glendon & Area: 780-645-5250
Kiyôhkatowin Home Visitation Workers support your well being and resiliency by assisting you to:
• Direct your own healing
• Strengthen connection to family, community and culture
• Promote physical, emotional, mental and spiritual development of children from pre-natal to 6 years old
• Participate in Sharing and Teaching Circles (i.e. self-care, self esteem and healthy relationships)
• Access supports and services (i.e. income assistance, food bank, etc.)
• Engage in ceremony and teachings with Elders
During the COVID-19 pandemic, our services follow the directives of the Chief Medical Health Officer of Alberta. This means we can offer:
• Telephone, social media, and curbside supports
• Basic supplies to maintain health
• Child and youth necessities
• Additional physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual supports
Proud member of the Lakeland Family Resource NetworkAlberta Parenting for the Future Association
Watch BearPaw Media’s Latest Video: (Re) Claiming Indian Status
Since the passing of Bill S-3 and its amendments, thousands of Indigenous people are now eligible for Indian Status. These resources provide a thorough explanation of Indian Status answering common questions about eligibility, the application process and how to find government records that can assist you with your application. They also provide a historical overview of the Indian Act and sex-based discrimination including government Bills that changed the Indian Act and affected Indian Status registration.
For more information or to order resources, contact firstname.lastname@example.org