Wâhkômiwêw Connections Program (Stony Plain)
Native Counselling Services of Alberta is pleased to introduce the Wâhkômiwêw Connections Program in the Stony Plain, Spruce Grove, Parkland and Yellowhead County area.
Stony Plain, Spruce Grove, Parkland and Yellowhead County
Wâhkômiwêw (wah ko mee wayo) means “being connected to people” in Cree. Our Wâhkômiwêw Navigators will support youth, their parents and caregivers to develop Individual Healing and Connection Plans. Plans will build on individual and family strengths to create positive change. Services open to ALL members of the community!
Referrals and Self referrals welcome.
Download Referral Form
Wâhkômiwêw Navigators will support youth, parents and caregivers to:
• Direct Individual Healing and Connection Plans
• Strengthen connections to family, community and culture
• Build and maintain community, cultural and family relationships
• Access services and supports
• Participate in Circles of Support for individual and family well-being
• Support families in the transition of children and youth back from care
• Engage in ceremony and teachings with Elders
During the COVID-19 pandemic, our services follow the directives of the Chief Medical Health Officer of Alberta. This means we can offer:
• Telephone, social media, and curbside supports
• Basic supplies to maintain health
• Child and youth necessities
• Additional physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual supports
Proud member of the Stony Plain, Spruce Grove and Parkland County Family Resource NetworkAlberta Parenting for the Future Association
Watch BearPaw Media’s Latest Video: (Re) Claiming Indian Status
Since the passing of Bill S-3 and its amendments, thousands of Indigenous people are now eligible for Indian Status. These resources provide a thorough explanation of Indian Status answering common questions about eligibility, the application process and how to find government records that can assist you with your application. They also provide a historical overview of the Indian Act and sex-based discrimination including government Bills that changed the Indian Act and affected Indian Status registration.
For more information or to order resources, contact email@example.com