NCSA Courtworkers are heavily involved in finding alternative and restorative justice services for youth.
Our Youth Courtworker services are status-blind and provided free of charge and include:
- in-court client support
- finding alternative justice solutions
- plain-language explanations of court procedures
- entering pleas
- speaking to sentence and adjournment
- emotional support to youth throughout the court process.
We also provide numerous out-of-court services:
- client intakes (interviews, needs assessments, documentation)
- preparing cases, including documentation, statistics, court briefs and reports
- providing information on the nature of specific charges, rights, court procedures, roles and responsibilities, court etiquette
- assisting in accessing documented information
- providing written submissions when speaking to sentence on behalf of accused
- providing assistance with Legal Aid applications
Can Joey escape life in the gang? Watch BearPaw Media’s award winning animation, Fighting Chance!
Email email@example.com to order a DVD copy